There are a number of restrictions on the type of industries, activities, and countries we support and service. This is part of our commitment to mitigate the risk of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Non-permitted industries – global
- Weapons / military-grade security
- Multi-level marketing
- Pawnbrokers [MCC: 5933 - Pawn Shops]
- Political organizations[MCC: 8651 - Organizations, Political]
- Precious metals and stones[MCC: 5094 - Precious Stones and Metals, Watches and Jewelry]
- Adult entertainment
- Drug paraphernalia
- CBD and related products
- Carbon credits
- Gambling[MCC: 7995 - Betting (including Lottery Tickets, Casino Gaming Chips, Off - track Betting and Wagers)]
- Ponzi / pyramid schemes
- Firms involved in the servicing of illegal goods/services including but not limited to: counterfeit goods/trademark infringement, human trafficking, child labor, prostitution.
- Mining and extraction
- Speculative trading
Non-permitted industries – United States of America
- FDA classified medical devices
- Medications or prescription drugs
- Alcohol[MCC: 5813 - Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages), Bars, Taverns, Cocktail lounges, Nightclubs and Discotheques]
- Tobacco[MCC: 5993 - Cigar Stores and Stands]
- Dietary supplements
- Seeds or plants [MCC: 5193 - Florists Supplies, Nursery Stock, and Flowers]
- Regulated financial services
- Outbound telemarketing [MCC: 5966 - Direct Marketing-Outbound Telemarketing Merchants]
Non-permitted client types
- Financial Institutions making payments on behalf of other financial institutions, also known as ‘nested relationships’ or ‘layering.’
- Shell banks
- Unregistered charities
- Clients are not allowed to use our services to speculate changes in FX
- Transactions deriving from crypto currencies
|Luhansk region of Ukraine||Syria|
Donetsk region of Ukraine
|North Korea||Zaporizhzhia region of Ukraine|
Kherson region of Ukraine
Due to the current military coup in Myanmar, all banks onshore have been instructed by the Myanmar Banks Association to remain closed. As the banking system is now offline, our banking provider is unable to process any payments to Myanmar until further notice.
Please be aware that all payments to Ukraine remain subject to delays due to the ongoing conflict and the increased sanctions risk. Currencycloud continues to monitor the situation regularly and will update this page with any changes.
Article is closed for comments.